Founded in September 1937, First City has more than $600 million in assets and serves more than 60,000 members. With branch offices located in Claremont, Lakewood, Lancaster, Los Angeles, LAC+USC Medical Center, Palmdale, Pasadena, and West Covina, and its administrative offices in Downtown Los Angeles, the credit union provides members with professional, ethical, and value-added service.
First City's current job postings as of October 3, 2017:
Indirect Lending Representative – Los Angeles
The Indirect Lending Representative will assume, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Reviewing of Retail INSTALLMENT Contracts and related documentation for completeness and compliance with state and federal laws; as well as, adherence to Credit Union policies, procedures and approval requirements.
• Receives members at assigned teller station, determines nature of member’s business, and processes accurate transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, payments and transfers.
• Auditing funding packages, ensuring completeness and accuracy prior to funding. Ensuring all documents are received and contracts are signed by the borrower and dealership where dictated and appropriate.
• Verifying approval stipulations have been met prior to funding.
• Conducting quality and accuracy verifications with consumers, dealers and employers.
• Income verification when required, with any discrepancies being reviewed by a Loan Officer prior to funding.
• Resolving problems with funding documentation. Corresponding with dealers and borrowers in support of problem resolution.
The successful candidate will possess the following education, knowledge and skillsets:
• Minimum one to two years of experience working in consumer loan processing
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to take direction
• Must possess good problem-solving and organizational skills
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
Teller (Part Time) – Claremont Branch
The successful candidate will process over the counter member transactions and provide general information on credit union products and services in an effort to cross-sell products that meet member needs.
Requirements include, balancing cash drawer within established guidelines, maintaining neat, legible, and accurate records of all transactions. Minimum six months cash handling/customer service experience. Financial institution experience preferred. Credit union experience a plus. Excellent communication skills in English, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to providing quality service to our members.
This position is a Part Time, Monday-Friday, 24-26 hours per week. Schedule will vary based on the needs of the branch.
If you would like to join our team, please send your resume to:
First City Credit Union
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 86008
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0008
Fax: 213-481-9869 or call our job hotline: (213) 482-3477, extension 2558
To email your resume, please send a Word Document or PDF file to email@example.com.
First City Credit Union is an equal opportunity, at will employer.
For employee verifications please fax all appropriate paperwork to 213-481-9869.