Feature Wrap Title
Feature Wrap Subtitle
You can bank on four principles that make First City the best choice for all of your financial needs…
At First City, we believe in four guiding principles. These four principles make First City the best choice for your financial needs…
- Value: First City’s cost-saving and competitive products and services are designed for a lifetime of financial value.
- Personal Service: We focus on you! Even as our automated services continue to advance, First City is still in the business of serving people. Courtesy, honesty, fairness, and accuracy–simple things like a friendly smile and knowing our members by name–are still important to us, as they are to you.
- Trust: You can count on First City. Founded 80 years ago, First City is one of America’s strongest financial institutions. Deposits are federally insured to at least $250,000 per member by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the nation’s strongest deposit insurance fund (plus another $250,000 coverage on your IRA!).
- Convenience: Bank anywhere, at anytime. Whether you conduct your financial business in person, by phone, via ATM, or on your personal computer, First City makes it easy to access your accounts, wherever–and whenever–you need.
Not For Profit – The Credit Union Difference
Unlike banks, which are established to enrich stockholders, credit unions are established solely to serve their member/owners. Credit union members help each other by pooling their resources for low-cost loans and high-rate deposit accounts. This is the essence of the credit union not-for-profit co-operative structure. Credit union earnings generated during the year are returned to members in the form of better rates, enhanced services, and maintaining institutional reserves – which serve as a shield against loan losses and economic downturns.
Here’s some Differences Between Banks and Credit Unions
|For profit businesses||Not-for-profit co-operatives|
|Owned and governed by stockholders||Owned and governed by members|
|Pay dividends to stockholders||Pay savings dividends to members|
|Make loans to corporations, foreign entities, and consumers||Make loans to members and their families|
|Open to the general public||Membership eligibility required through employment, association, community, or family relations|
The credit union concept is a true expression of the democratic ideal. Credit unions provide proof that co-operative ownership benefits everyone. For evidence, we invite you to compare our rates and fees to the big banks!
Start your Membership Application today.
Three ways that you can be eligible:
1. You live, work, worship, or go to school in one of the many communities the credit union serves throughout Los Angeles County, and parts of San Bernardino County.
2. You are an employee, retiree, or member of one of the Los Angeles County Departments, organizations, or companies that we serve.
3. You are in the immediate family (spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents) or live in the household of a First City member.