Feature Wrap Title
Feature Wrap Subtitle
Founded in September 1937, First City has more than $600 million in assets and serves more than 60,000 members. With branch offices located in Claremont, Lakewood, Lancaster, Los Angeles, LAC+USC Medical Center, Palmdale, Pasadena, and West Covina, and its administrative offices in Downtown Los Angeles, the credit union provides members with professional, ethical, and value-added service.
First City’s current job postings as of August 1, 2019:
Contact Center Agent I
The Contact Center Agent I will assume, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities
- Answer member service calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides information as requested on member’s accounts or credit union product and services.
- Cross-sells credit union products and services to members as appropriate.
- Assist members through the online banking registration process, including troubleshooting.
- Places outbound calls to new members as necessary.
- Performs telephone transfers, wire transfers, check orders, stop payments, address changes and opens new accounts.
- Process requests for copies of statement and checks.
- Processes ATM/Debit/Visa ordering for lost/stolen reports as directed.
The Successful candidate will possess the following education, knowledge and skillsets:
- Two years of financial institution experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service and sales skills
- Personnel computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Collections Representative – Los Angeles
The Collections Representative will assume, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Contacts members with delinquent loans for the purpose of minimizing credit union financial losses.
- Recommends and assigns vehicles for repossession of collateral as approved by management. Provides for disposition of repossessed property as required by law.
- Conducts credit investigations by utilizing credit reports, skip tracing/creditor exchange, loan applications, and Internet resources.
- Handles collection of negative shares which may result in a loss to the credit union.
The successful candidate will possess the following education, knowledge and skillsets:
- Minimum two years experience in credit/collections department, preferably in a financial institution
- Thorough knowledge of credit/collections procedures and principles
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations governing collection laws
- Ability to make sound decisions within established credit union guidelines
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and be detail oriented while working in a fast-paced environment
First City Credit Union provides competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Paid holidays
If you would like to join our team, please send your resume to:
First City Credit Union
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 86008
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0008
Fax: 213-481-9869 or call our job hotline: (213) 482-3477, extension 2558
To email your resume, please send a Word Document or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First City Credit Union is an equal opportunity, at will employer.
For employee verifications please fax all appropriate paperwork to 213-481-9869.